Pages

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Easy Chic Bun

 

Ok. The lighting in my bathroom + instagram makes my hair look super dark.

This was the true color. The roots were not that horrid looking. I dyed my hair on Thursday so no more roots. Yay.


I have long hair and honestly it can be a pain in the butt to deal with on a daily basis. I recently discovered how to do a high messy bun and I'm stoked about it. I plan on doing this hairstyle when I'm in a hurry to do something with my hair, or if I just want it out of my face on a hot day.....or if Layla keeps pulling on my hair.

I liked this tutorial I found on youtube by Macbarbie07. The first time I tried it, I felt it looked a little to 1960's but that was because I was trying to make it too perfect. You want to leave some pieces of hair out on the sides...or just don't try to make it look perfect. Its supposed to look a little messy. ;)

Skip to the 2:20 mark. She spends the first two minutes just talking. Not sure what all about. I zoned out.


8 comments:

  1. That is so cute. Funny, I just did a sock bun today and posted a picture of it on Twitter. Have you seen that tutorial yet?? I found it on Pinterest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how chic and effortless this looks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Krysta I used to to do the sock bun in high school and it was so easy, but I have difficulty with it now-well the 2 times I tried it recently. Maybe my sock was too small. I'll have to give it another shot soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's actually probably one of my favorite messy bun videos. she is just too adorable, and the final product looks perfect!!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  5. your bun is super chic! love it!

    xoxo navy & orange

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this!! I'm definitely going to have to try this one out!!

    ReplyDelete