Pages

Monday, September 10, 2012

Show & Tell Monday: Let's talk babies!

I hope everyone had a good weekend. The weather was just a bit cooler these past two days so it was nice to spend some time outside. Today I'm linking up again with Becky's blog frommrstomomma for Show & Tell Monday.
  

1. Tell us your favorite baby names? Aside from your own babies, if you have some :)
Let's see my favorite names--aside from the names I picked for my girls are Isabella and Isaac. Honestly I'm stumped here because we had a hard time picking out names for the girls. I'm 32 weeks now and we don't even have a name for this baby yet.
2. Show me your "dream" nursery {can be your baby's nursery or one that you love}
This is a tough one. There are so many beautiful nurseries out there! Here are a couple I love though.

I love elegant nurseries. There are still more things I'd like to do to our nursery, but if you'd like to see some pictures go here
3. How many children would you like to have? How far apart?
Let's just say I never imagined having 3 children, or a pair that is only (going to be) 17 months apart. Crazy because we have an 8 yr gap between the first and the second. H wants this one to be the last one. I'm not sure yet. You'll have to ask me later after this one is born. I love being pregnant! It's a beautiful thing to experience life stirring within. They do grow up though, my 9 yr old is proof of that for me. It's a tough age right now and I hear it's just going to get harder. As much as I might want to have another, I don't know if I'm cut out to have a large family...at least without a nanny. Haha... My patience is not always that great and I like peace and quiet a lot of the time. It's also amazing experiencing life again through the eyes of a new human being that is familiarizing themselves with the world for the first time.

4. Tell us what you think the importance of parenting is?
I always feel like I'm not the best person to ask with questions like these because I consider myself still learning, but I suppose all of us as parents are constantly learning. I do know that it's important to be there for your kids and to encourage them. You are the one building their foundation. It has to be strong. Also, I know not everyone is a believer, but we believe in God and he is the center of our lives. I'm not saying we are the best at practicing our faith--heck I haven't been to church in a good few months, but God is still very much the ruler of my life and I strive to teach my kids to keep the faith and to remember that we are all answering to a higher being.
5. Show us your favorite newborn photo {can be your children or random}
Of course I'm going to show you one of Layla's pictures--which I've shown before. I don't have any newborn photos of Serena on this computer. 
{Layla about 1 day old}


6. Tell us some things you promise to never do as a parent {and if you are a parent, did you stick to it}
Before I became a parent, I didn't really think about these things. Sometimes I'm a learn as you go sort of person. I didn't read parenting books or attend any classes--rather I learned from watching others and remembered certain experiences from my childhood. I like to think of myself as a pretty good mom. Maybe a bit paranoid and overbearing at times, but I love my girls and I just never want to see them hurt. I've made mistakes, but again I'm still learning and I can only learn from them. I do know that I never want my children to fear me or H. I remember at times when I was younger, a person just had to raise their arm swiftly and I would flinch and almost duck a little involuntarily. My dad had a heavy hand and dished out the spankings freely so this stayed with me for a long time, and I remember how it made me feel. I knew then that I didn't want my future children to feel that way.
Gah. So before we get to heavy, head on over to Becky's blog and visit all the other bloggers that linked up. ;)

4 comments:

  1. oh those nurseries are gorgeous!

    I love the picture of your daughter, she is precious

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to think I'd be able to spank my children on occasion but now that I have one, things have changed. I'm not sure how our parents did that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the nursery pictures you posted! I love all white. We have a big white rug in Gracie's room and it NEVER looks clean, it drives me crazy! We are having baby girl #2 and it's so much harder this time around to find cute names and decor that's different from the first!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had an all white/gold nursery...you obviously have stellar taste ;) haha.

    ReplyDelete