Pages

Monday, May 6, 2013

Happy Birthday Layla!

Today my baby turns 2. I just can't believe she has been in our lives for 2 whole years! Where did the time go? It certainly doesn't feel that long. I can't help but think about how it all began. 


There's an old post about the difficulty we had trying to conceive her and there were plenty of tears, sometimes some bartering and many prayers. I feel so blessed God answered our prayers, has kept her safe, and on top of that surprised us with baby Mariam when Layla was 9 and a half months old. I'm happy today. I am, but I'm also sad. Sad that my baby (now middle child) is growing up. She has truly been a joy. As a baby she was pretty easy despite being a bad sleeper and still now, she is a good toddler. She is so silly and funny and so lovable. Sometimes she'll look up at random people in the store and scrunch her little nose just to get a reaction out of them, or she will stretch her hand out so someone will hold it. She loves minnie mouse, her blanket, being outside and juice. I can't get enough of hearing her talk. I love her little chipmunk voice. 

So happy birthday my Layla. May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make his face to shine upon you, and be gracious to you. I love you.


2 comments: