Pages

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Mariam Month 6 & 7


I'm behind on this. I know. Better late than never though. The kids are all asleep right now so I've got some time to blog. Mariam turned 7 months a few days ago. It's going by so fast. So so fast and it makes me sad. Before the year is up my baby will be one. Sniff...sniff.

Weight
  Mariam is close to 15 lbs right now. She's a little peanut. She seemed chunky to me, but she's only in about the 15th percentile for weight.

Health
  So far so good. Keeping my fingers crossed she doesn't catch a cold anytime soon. We all have been healthy and now that Serena is on summer vacation and not exposed to so many germs at school, hopefully I won't have to worry about any of us picking up a cold anytime soon.

Sleep
It's been awesome. I'm so thankful because Layla was a terrible sleeper. Mariam is so much easier. She takes 3 naps a day and all I have to do is put her in the swing (we do not turn it on though) and she goes to sleep within minutes. We transitioned her to the crib for night time sleep about a month ago and it was also super easy. She goes to bed between 8:00-8:30 pm. I nurse her and then put her straight in the crib. She doesn't like to be rocked. I do usually have the Pandora station set to relaxation music while she nurses.
 
Clothes 
Mariam wears 6-9 month clothing right now. It's so fun dressing them when they are this size.

Diet
  Milk and so far still going strong with breastfeeding. I'm happy to have made it this far and I hope to continue to at least a year, maybe longer of exclusively breastfeeding. It's such a great bonding experience and I know I'm going to miss it when she stops. Mariam also started solids at month 6. Aside from breastfeeding, she's on 3 baby meals a day. I like to buy Sprouts or Earth's best organic baby food. I kept saying to myself early on that I wanted to make her baby food, but I just haven't gotten around to it. I need to--at least some of it.

Crying
Mariam is super attached to me and it can be cute, but draining at times. She still constantly wants to be in my arms or at least in her sight. She can be playing fine with her sisters or daddy and as soon as she sees me, she cries. 

 Milestones
  Mariam was army crawling at 5 months and close to 6 months she was officially crawling. She's pretty fast now. Also a couple of days ago, she half pulled herself up on a large toy. She's getting there!


Products I'm loving

 Baby mum-mums! I love those little teething biscuits. They seriously buy us some time when we are trying to eat breakfast or dinner. She will sit there and chew on them with her two little teeth and it keeps her occupied for a few minutes.  

8 comments:

  1. We're obsessed with the Mum-Mum's over here too. Gives you time to get settled and get food on the table, especially when eating out. Love those things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. Yes. Definitely need something to keep them entertained when eating out.

      Delete
  2. I need to look into these Baby Mums-mums. It so funny cause Mariam and Ian are so close in age but Ian refuses to crawl, or pull up or anything, or sleep through the night. Its always nice to have the reference point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They all do things in their own time. With my second, she crawled and pulled herself early and I thought for sure she would walk early, but she didn't start walking till about 15 months! Go figure.

      Delete
  3. Baby Mum-Mums are made in China and have practically no nutritional benefit. Have you seen the Plum Organics Trething biscuits? They are baked in Italy and come in pumpkin banana and kale, spinach, green apple flavors. My daughter loves them and they're not as sticky as the mum-mums.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katie, thanks for that information. I have not seen the plum organics teething biscuits at my local grocer. They opened a Sprouts store nearby not too long ago that carries mainly organic foods, so I will check and see if they have any next time I go.

      Delete
  4. We love mum-mums!!We have been using them for MONTHS and they have seriously solved our teething issues. They keep matthew quiet, and I know they aren't bad for him, so why not!! :) We also love the yogurt bites, & little granola bars!! & pizza crusts, they are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We just bought the yogurt bites recently! They are pretty good. Never used them with the other girls.

      Delete