Pages

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Cough..cough

End of summer cold = No Fun

I've had a cold since Monday and I'm not sure where I got it, but the girls had a cold about a week ago, so maybe I was storing it for a little while, or Serena brought home a germ from school that my immune system couldn't kick. I'm so grateful that though I've been chilly, sneezy and wheezy, my throat has been ok. I absolutely hate having a sore throat and I tend to get them with my colds, so I'm happy that not this time.

It's Thursday now and I'm not feeling a whole lot better yet, but I'm sure it's partly my fault for not getting enough rest. With 3 kids and a business there is no such thing. I've still been staying up till midnight. Tsk..tsk.

So as to not make this post a complete downer, let's talk shop. Tomorrow I'm meeting a potential seamstress. I'm actually on the hunt for two. One to help with the baby items and another to start working on something all new for 2014. I'm excited and nervous about it. I should have hired a seamstress early this year, but I pushed on doing most of everything myself, though I did have a marketing/social media intern this summer. As to no seamstress, I'm a bit of a control freak and I was nervous about trusting someone. You see I did a series of interviews last year keeping everything anonymous as far as my last name, and the name of my business during the interview process. Reasons that would make sense if I explained, and basically one of the women who took home a test bib to sew along with a premade one and thread, needles, etc, stole from me. A grown mother of 3. Unbelievable! I was so upset and it's an even longer story, but I'll spare the details. I stopped my hunt after that. I just stay up late night after night, and other than my family not have much of a life, but I love it at the same time. However I've had to temporarily stop some plans such as seeking out new wholesale accounts, working with some flash sale sites, and starting the new project as of a month ago because I can't handle all of it plus my regular orders. There's so much more that needs to be done, and so much more beautiful things I want to create, but I can't do it alone anymore. It's time to suck it up and put my trust in someone that can assist me. If I don't I'll only be hindering myself and the future of this business.


Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. hope you feel better soon!! i had a bad cold a few weeks ago and it just seemed like it took forever to recover!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost ALWAYS get an end of summer cold and I am crossing my fingers tightly that I escape it this year!

    ReplyDelete