Pages

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Heart of gold


With light pink, tan and goldish/champagne colors being primary in the nursery, I've had my eye on a gold foil heart print and me being the DIY type of gal, I recently made my own...sort of. 

I started off by buying both shiny gold cardstock and gold glitter cardstock since I couldn't decide which one I wanted to use. They were both under $2 at Micheal's. I kept my eye out for an at least 8x10 white frame and finally found a cute one at Target for $12.99. Later on I noticed that the quality of the frame is not that great, and the glass slipped down a little (need to fix that), but I guess you get what you pay for. Once I got home I immediately got to work by free handing a heart with my pencil on the back of the gold paper. Then I just cut it out with my scissors and placed it on a sheet of paper holding it in place by a small piece of rolled up tape on the back. I aligned it so the heart was in the middle of the frame and then put the back on and hung it up. Easy peasy! If your drawing skills aren't that great, you could always download a heart or whatever shape you like, print and trace.


No comments:

Post a Comment