Pages

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Breastfeeding number 3

 
Back in 2012 I wrote a post urging all mother's who breastfeed to read about my experience so what happened to me, won't happen to them. You can find that post here and then another one here talking about breastfeeding with muscle knots. I plan on writing another post soon on how I've been doing since then.
 
With that being said, I am still going strong with nursing Mariam, well I wouldn't call it strong since she gave up on the left breast when she was about 10 months old, but still doing fine with just the right. She got tired of the slow letdown on the left and decided to just nix it all together. I guess she gets some of her impatience from me. Mariam is 18 months old now and I'm glad we have made it this far. She nurses 3 times a day, sometimes 4 if she insists. Upon waking up the first thing she says is "alk...alk!" which means milk. She nurses for about 5-8 minutes and is done. Since she was a newborn she's always nursed for a short amount of time. Not that short, but still short. Just a few days ago she has started to say "all done" when she's finished. It is a little strange and makes me feel like she's a bit old for breastfeeding if she's saying "all done", but it's still good for her that she's getting these nutrients and it's a great bonding experience for us. She has definitely been my most attached baby. I never thought I would be nursing an almost 2 year old, but never say never because here we are. At this point I'm not sure how long we will continue but for now I'm in the I'll let her wean herself camp. I don't see us going past 2 and a half though, but it could be sooner than that.
 
Even though it was nursing my second Layla that caused the muscle knot issues it's not the breastfeeding itself now irritating the knots. I always support my arms or am laying down. The issue really now is lifting these heavy girls, especially lifting them into something higher like the highchair or my SUV. Like I mentioned though. I will go more into detail when I write my follow up post on that issue.
 
Have a great Tuesday!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment