Pages

Thursday, July 24, 2014

The Bay

For two days in a row we went to St. Joseph Peninsula State Park. It has an abundance of wildlife, nature trails, a bay and beach side, and a variety of other fun things to do. The park is located right at the end of the Peninsula on Cape San Blas. On the first day we got there we had lunch near their playground and then somehow I let H convince me to wade out into the water with him and the kids. That all sounded lovely except for the fact that we had to first pass up swamp areas on both sides where there were signs indicating there were alligators and to swim at your own risk. 
 
I was terrified! What was I thinking!?
 
We didn't go out terribly far, but I kept seeing little ripples or something jump out of the corner of my eye and I really just wanted to high tail it out of there with Mariam in my arms, but you're supposed to walk slow as to not cause too much commotion. So we sloooowly made our way back and I was literally praying the whole time. H thought I was being a chicken, but being attacked by an alligator was not on my vacation to do list--thank you very much. I admit though since having kids, I'm definitely not as adventurous as I used to be when it comes to the outdoors--and heights.
 
 
After that we headed to the nicer area where a lot of other people were. There were no swamps around unless you kept walking towards the left side. I loved the bay! There was quite a few people out on small boats, snorkeling, playing, or just sunbathing. I was amazed that such a large body of water could have such a large part that was very shallow. I've just never seen anything like it. The girls had a blast and Layla looked so cute when she would sit on H's back like a little baby stingray as he snorkeled and looked for shells.
 


Have a great Thursday!
 
 


2 comments:

  1. It looks like you had a wonderful trip to Florida!!! Love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg, alligators, I would have freaked out!

    ReplyDelete