Pages

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Scrumptious raspberry muffins!


I haven't posted a recipe in awhile so here's one the girls and I tried on Monday. I cook 5-6 days a week so I really should be sharing more but I don't always try something new. Some weeks it will be several new dishes and some weeks it's just a rotation of my usual things. I love baking, but I consider cooking to be a chore sometimes mainly because the girls make it really hard to focus. They constantly trapeze through the kitchen opening drawers, taking out things, or asking for snacks. It really puts a damper on trying to be Alton Brown and most of the time I'm rushing through it so I can get them fed and out of the kitchen.


These are great for an afternoon snack or for a quick to-go breakfast if you're running out the door. We really enjoyed these and will be making them again!

Ingredients

3/4 stick (6 tablespoons) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
1/2 cup whole milk
1 large egg
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 rounded cups raspberries
Course sugar for sprinkling (optional)

Instructions

  1. Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 400F. Put liners in muffin cups or lightly spray with non-stick baking spray.
  2. On medium-low, mix together butter, brown sugar, milk, and egg in a bowl until combined well. Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Add to milk mixture and mix until just combined. Fold in raspberries.
  3. Divide batter among muffin cups - it's two scoops of a #20 scoop per muffin cup, if you're a scooper like me. Sprinkle tops with course sugar (if using) and bake until golden brown and a wooden pick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment