Pages

Thursday, October 16, 2014

My skincare routine & new foundation review


Aside from the occasional pimple in high school, I've never had an issue with acne. My complexion has always been pretty clear, but I do get pretty oily in my t-zone. I also tend to get a little red in my t-zone. Overall I can't complain too much because I spent pretty much all of my 20's never really washing off my makeup at night and just washing it off in the morning. 

I still do that now, but I don't always wear foundation on a daily basis now that I stay home. For face wash, I like to stick to sensitive products due to my t-zone getting easily red after a wash. I've been really happy with simple brand moisturizing face wash. Right after that I apply Olay sensitive face cream. If I'm going for the full shebang, I first wash my face than use St. Ives even and bright skin scrub, followed by L'Oreal's hydrafresh toner, then apply Olay sensitive face cream and finally Roc retinol eye cream. On a normal day I normally just wash my face, apply the Olay cream and then the eye cream. 

I'm going to back track for a minute here and talk about St. Ives even and bright face scrub. I absolutely love this scrub. It smells great, wakes me up in the morning and my skin just feels so refreshed after I use it. Love, love, love it! I've been using St. Ives since I was in junior high school but I used to use their apricot scrub (remember that one?) they also still make it. This new one is really great though. 


When I got back from Florida in July, I was really tan so my usual foundation was way too light. I decided to get a new one and settled on Cover girl's new ready set gorgeous foundation. For the price point I really like it. The coverage is pretty good and it has a warm look to it. I would say it has more of a pink than a yellow base. I do enjoy this foundation but I don't think it's "oil free" components work that great. I find I get oilier with this foundation more than with my Revlon or MAC foundations. 


Bare face.


After applying Cover girl ready set gorgeous foundation and rest of makeup.


Have a great Thursday!


No comments:

Post a Comment