Pages

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Mariam's first day


Mariam started her first day at daycare today. It's really just a Mother's Day out program at a local church. I'm so happy I finally took a step towards gaining some sanity with all these girls and trying to juggle everything. This summer has been a bit rough. It's hot, I'm pregnant and Layla and Mariam have spent a lot of time fighting over toys and screaming over everything. It doesn't help that every day I'm sleep deprived because Mariam still won't sleep through the night. She used to when she was a baby, but that changed when she turned 2. I really don't know what it is and I'm at my wits end. She claims she's scared, but she shares a room with Layla. I don't even want to know what kind of sleep schedule I'm going to be looking at once the baby arrives next month. 

Something that will be nice though is that Serena is back at school next week and Layla starts for the first time. Layla will only be going to pre-K for 3 hours M-F and the Mother's Day out program for Mariam is also 3 hours. Mariam won't be going every day though. Most likely 3 times a week. It's not going to be easy dropping off and picking up the girls who will all be in 3 different areas--especially when the baby is here, but I'm looking forward to fitting in more work during the day while they are gone.


2 comments:

  1. Reed just went through the "scared" sleep regression stage. I just had to be firm and let him cry it out some - not sure if you can do that with room sharers. Basically I told him if he didn't stop crying I'd take his light up turtle away and had to do it one night. That did the trick (he still had a night light and glo worm). We also swapped to turning his light off before songs, snuggles and that seemed to help. Good luck with whatever plan you choose!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kary. Yes we can't let her cry it out because she shares a room and we do have a night light for them. She's just been very attached to us since a newborn and has always been difficult. Maybe it's all part of terrible two's as well. Maybe she'll grow out of it. I'm continuing to research on this and trying new things.

      Delete