Pages

Friday, September 11, 2015

Sewing for baby round 3


I've sewn a variety of things over the years, but I've never done a baby romper. I can make something just from looking at a picture and I normally don't use a pattern except for my products in the shop. With this romper I did draft a pattern for the top and then just winged it on the bottom and did my best to follow this sunsuit tutorial. I had some difficulty with the shirring--since I've never shirred before, but it got done and I can't wait for baby to wear it!

Speaking of which, I'm 38 weeks and 3 days today and had an OB appointment today. It looks like she is just super comfy in there. I am barely a fingertip dilated. Apparently all the braxton  hicks contractions I've been having for weeks that I actually have to breathe through have meant nothing. Looks like we are in it for the long haul. I don't mind really, I'm just surprised that despite that and being on my feet all day and carrying Mariam that I haven't progressed much. Well she'll be here when she'll be here.

Have a great weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment