Pages

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Postpartum update

With every pregnancy I do worry a little about the body changes and how I will come out afterwards. The first week I was starting to get a little worried because my stomach was taking a little longer to go down than the others, but each day it got smaller and smaller. I highly recommend binding your belly after baby. I use control top underwear that goes up to my navel and it always helps. You can read more details on it by clicking here which is my postpartum post when I had Mariam.

I weighed myself after the first week mark but I don't remember what it was. At the two week mark I was 110, so I had lost 16 lbs. I gained 26 lbs this pregnancy. I'm completely fine with keeping the extra 10 pounds. I was a tad underweight to begin with. I'm now 3 weeks postpartum and I gained a pound so I'm at 111 right now. I'm exclusively breastfeeding and I tend to get really skinny by 3-4 months postpartum so I'm hoping things are different this time. I'm trying to remember to snack consistently though it's been a tad more challenging since I've had to cut out dairy because of Ava.

Here is my last bump picture at 38 weeks (I had Ava at 38.5 weeks)


2 weeks postpartum


Next week I plan on starting to exercise slowly as in working on my core first. I also need to work on building strength in my upper body again. Carrying the baby for long periods of time and nursing around the clock is killing my muscles and my knots have been hurting like nobody's business again. 


No comments:

Post a Comment