Pages

Friday, January 8, 2016

Miss Ava...miss Ava.

Whatever shall we do with you?

Gold bow headband: {Meghan & Julie}

All we can do is love you and try to remember that the hard times will pass and you will grow faster than we'd like. As you can see I haven't updated in about a week again. It's been tough. Life with 4 kids completely kicked my butt this week. The straw that broke the camel's back happened last night. Around 6pm Serena hobbled in from outside with what appears to be another sprained ankle, then after dinner H had to go to the store so I was left with a crying Ava, then Layla started throwing up everywhere and Serena couldn't help me because she has a hurt ankle. So I'm trying to clean up, put Layla in the tub and deal with a crying baby. Thankfully H walked in 10 minutes later, but I was spent. I had even gotten frustrated at the baby and I just felt guilty and overwhelmed. I did a lot of crying, praying and feeling sorry for myself that my kids can't be easier on me. Today I'm trying to focus on counting my blessings. There is much to be happy about and as I write this Ava is napping which is rare for her, but it's giving me a little time to get some things done. 



Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Some stages of life are just HARD. Look for the good and find the joy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are. You know I was just thinking earlier today that the new baby stage is so wonderful and beautiful. The best times in my life, but also the hardest.

      Delete
  2. So sorry. We all just got the stomach bug this week too and it was so hard to deal with it, especially with having to feed a baby every couple hours and put her down for naps in between all the cleaning up/feeling awful! Don't feel like a bad mom - we ALL have days (weeks!) like that. Next week will be better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no. That stinks. I hope everyone is feeling better already and that your baby is a better napper than mine. Ava is not a good daytime napper. How she naps pretty much determines how my day is going to be. I mean it wouldn't be so bad if she could also play/sit quietly, but she wants to be held all the time. It's hard when I have 3 other girls who need me too.

      Delete