Pages

Thursday, June 23, 2016

You can fix a fixer-upper with a little bit of love!


I love a good project and we've been on the hunt for a unique TV console, so when my husband came across a listing on Craigslist featuring an aqua blue distressed credenza that needed some love, I said yes! Originally I was going to keep the color it came in and just paint the wood parts showing white, but then decided it looked to distressed for my taste. 


I asked the seller for the color paint she used but it was all sold out. Instead I went with a similar color from Glidden called "Sea spray". Before I got started painting, my husband made the front drawer flip down so it could be a media console. After he was done I got to painting and it look longer then expected, but let's face it, with 4 kids every project around the house takes a lot longer than you'd like. I absolutely love the way it came out! originally we were on the hunt for a white TV stand and I wanted a blue entry table instead, but I decided to step out of my comfort zone and change things up a bit. I'm really loving blue furniture these days.



1 comment: