Pages

Monday, May 22, 2017

Boutique style blueberry muffins


I love to bake, so a month ago I set out to find a really awesome blueberry muffin recipe. I've made blueberry muffins in the past, but hadn't found a go-to recipe. I came across one on Allrecipes.com and Oh. Em. Gee. This is the one! You guys have to try this blueberry muffin recipe! These are by far the best I've ever made. Super moist and delicious with a buttery crumb topping. I'm talking boutique bakery style. I will open up a bakery just to sell these so everyone can try one. I'm kidding. I do love to share these with my neighbors though.


Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
1/3 cup vegetable oil ( I use canola oil)
1 egg
1/3 cup milk
1 cup fresh blueberries

crumb topping:
1/2 cup white sugar
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup butter cubed
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon ( I use 1 tsp)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners.

Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, 3/4 cup sugar, salt and baking powder. Place vegetable oil into a 1 cup measuring cup; add the egg and enough milk to fill the cup. Mix this with flour mixture. Fold in blueberries. Fill muffin cups right to the top, and sprinkle with crumb topping mixture.

To Make Crumb Topping: Mix together 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, 1/4 cup butter, and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon. Mix with fork, and sprinkle over muffins before baking.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until done.



Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment