Pages

Tuesday, September 19, 2017

It's been 84 years....


Said in my best Rose Dewitt from Titanic voice....

That's how long it feels that it's going to take me to finish this french provincial dresser!

It's coming along though. Hurricane Harvey had me putting it on the back burner and shortly after H and Ava got back, Hurricane Irma was on the way, so again it was put on the back burner. The kids were off school for a week and a half and they just went back yesterday. This weekend I started the project back up again. I'd say it's about 75% done. I'm hoping sometime by next week it will be complete. I'm really getting so sick of Layla and Mariam pulling their clothes out of their closet shelves every day! It's a huge mess. Sometimes I just put them back for them so it can be done a little neater or else they'll just shove all the clothes back in there. 

In it's ugly infancy.

Ready to be painted.

It's coming along.

Currently I am doing the drawers and then I have to go back and touch up any places the gold paint spilled over on the white. Also have to spray paint the hardware gold. The girls wanted to help a bit. I didn't let them sand really. They just gently went over a few drawers with a sanding sponge that's already worn down. Not sure how old the original paint is and what it has in it.


When all is said and done, I'll be doing a full post with the complete and detailed process and letting you know the mistakes I made and any new tricks I picked up,

Oh! I forgot to mention before, that the dresser came with a mirror! I'm not attaching it to the dresser though. Rather I decided to hang it in the breakfast nook. I really agonized painting over the original gold detailing, but I was not trying to spend another 84 years trying to redo it all! It turned out great all white.


Have a nice Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment