Pages

Monday, February 12, 2018

Charming breakfast nooks including ours

I've been wanting to update all week but I feel like all of us spent the week just trying to recover from another Disney World trip. Even though we had a blast, we weren't feeling great during the trip and coming straight back to the usual chaos of weekly activities, took a lot out of us! 

I've been wanting to share another home update which is still an ongoing work in progress, because I'm super picky and like a million things come up with the family, but little by little right? I've currently got about 10 different projects I'm working on, but for now here is the state of our breakfast nook. 


It's no secret that I love a white, light and bright home with pops of blue. Our breakfast nook is small so I wanted to find a round pedastal table to go in the space. I found one on offer up last year that I've had sitting in the garage for 8 months now. In October I finally found some chairs that I loved and when I saw it in person, I ended up loving the table. It was perfect for our family size. H was out of town but I was able to bring that bad boy home by myself from 2 cities over. The best thing is I actually don't need to repaint this table. The chairs do need to be reupholsterd because they are sagging a bit and I'd like to change the fabric with one that has more color, but it's not urgent. As for the first dining room table--that's still sitting in my garage, I'm hoping to start painting it next week and then sell it. 

Crystal Pendant{Home Depot}

The french provincial mirror came with a matching dresser that I found from a thrift shop for $50. The whole set! If you know me, you know that I love finding used furniture and making it beautiful again. You don't have to spend a ton of money to have a beautiful and put together home. Just takes a little bit of patience and work. The mirror did not look like this when I got it, I had to paint it. 


A recent addition to the left hand wall are two shabby chic shelves I found at Joann's fabric store. They were 50% off when I bought them last October. A few places you wouldn't think of that have cute decor are: Michael's and Joann's. 


This is the only picture I could find from fall where you can see the shelves. Currently there is nothing on them except for one picture. 

I love charming breakfast nooks. They are cozy and an inviting place to start your day. I've always liked farmhouse style, french country and shabby chic decorating so here are a few gorgeous ideas.



Have a great Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment